Re: Problem in installation debian on the Raid :((((!!!

hi brama

ultra 66/100/133 is NOT a raid controller... its just extra ide ports

fastrak 66/100/133 is a hw raid controller ...

promise does have some chipset that does support hw raid
	http://www.linux-ide.org/chipsets.html

whether it works or not seems to be dependant upon the users
installations and config options

test for hw raid properly installed
	- remove hda  --> everything should boot in degraded mode
	- write a 4GB file for fun
	- remove hdc  --> everything should boot in degraded mode
	( easy case )

	- add both back in .... the 4GB file should resync itself

	- if you have to add/tweek any files ...
	its NOT a properly configured ( hw or sw ) raid

more raid fun
	http://www.1U-Raid5.net/

have fun
alvin