Re: [OT] CD-R Requirements (or Giving Back To Windows Users)

On November 17, 2002 08:22 pm, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > How do I watch the fifo?
> >
> > The new IDE CD-R has "BurnProof" so I think that will indeed help.
>
> Also use nice to lower nice of cdrecord (higher priority)
>
>  $ nice --9 cdrecord ....

A testimony:

I have a K6-2/500MHz 256MB, 32x cdrw with burnproof.  I've burnt data CDs
with nice -18, and have opened browsers, kmail, and run md5sums in the cdrom
simultaneously.  Often have had fifo min fill 0%, but no problems with the
disc - md5sums still check out.

--
-Levi