SVG-based presentation program?

Hi,

I am looking for a good presentation program (something like
PowerPoint) for Linux.  So far I have been using mostly Star-
/Openoffice which is kind of OK, but would be interested in
alternatives.  I have been using LaTeX (which I use for word
processing), too, but I don't think it is really the most appropriate
tool for making slides.

I think that using SVG might be good in order to have an open format
that can be used for beamer-presentations, slides, as well as web
publishing.  Some quick googling showed me that such solutions do
exist, but I'd like some recommendations before I try them wildly.

Do you think that using SVG is a good idea?  If so, what good (easy to
use) authoring tools are there?

Ciao,
   Jens