Re: Which ICQ Client is better?

This one time, at band camp, Nori Heikkinen said:
> on Sun, 17 Nov 2002 03:14:38PM -0500, Edward Guldemond insinuated:
> > On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 02:02:14PM -0500, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> > > however, as i pointed out in an earlier thread, i've never gotten it
> > > to work right with the AIM protocol.  sean, if you get it working,
> > > want to come look at mine? :)
> > >
> > > </nori>
> >
> > Download the latest source package with "apt-get source centericq"
> > from unstable
>
> okay, got thus far ...
>
> > and roll it with "dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc",
>
> i'm unsure on how this works, and manpages aren't helping.  i get:
>
> orange:/# dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc
> dpkg-parsechangelog: error: cannot open debian/changelog to find
> format: No such file or directory
> dpkg-buildpackage: unable to determine source package
>
> and specifying a package name doesn't help, either ...
>
> > and it works fine.  This fixed all of my problems.  Maybe I should
> > have mentioned that earlier? :-)
>
> thanks for your help, i hope it fixes mine!
>
> </nori>

You have to be in the top level directory of the source, so for
centericq from unstable, that would be centericq-4.8.7, I'm guessing.
No need to be root to build it, you can use fakeroot instead.

|Stephen Gran                  | O, it is excellent To have a giant's          |
|steve@lobefin.net             | strength; but it is tyrannous To use it like  |
|http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | a giant.   -- Shakespeare, "Measure for       |
|                              | Measure", II, 2                               |