Re: Debugging sound, where do I start?

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 02:23:14PM -0500, luc.lefebvre@mcgill.ca wrote:
[snip]
> another console>.  My guess is that this happens when either esd <gnome>
> or arts <kde> load their sound managing utilities.

> How would I go about tracking down where the problem stems from?

My first step would be to determine for certain whether the problem is
esd/arts related. Do you have autologin turned on? esd/arts do not get
started until someone actually logs in. If this is not the case, try to
determine exactly where the system hangs, perhaps remove all other
modules or move the sound modules to the end of /etc/modules. Basically
you need to isolate the problem.

-Mark