Re: gpg: Can't check signature - is something wrong?

Sandip P Deshmukh, 2002-Nov-12 09:38 +0530:
> hello all!
>
> i often get messages from the list which say begin gpg signature.
>
> invariably, the second line says can not verify signature.
>
> is something wrong with my set-up or is it a tampered message?

Does the message say that a public key couldn't be found?  If so,
perhaps your system can't reach a keyserver.  Check your
~/.gnupg/options file and make sure a valid keyserver is listed.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User