Re: gpg: Can't check signature - is something wrong?

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 09:38:27AM +0530, Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
> i often get messages from the list which say begin gpg signature.
> invariably, the second line says can not verify signature.
> is something wrong with my set-up or is it a tampered message?

You probably have done this already, but I got the same messages until I
did the following:

1) Install gnupg
2) In the ~/.gnupg/options file, add the line:
	keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net

Most people seem to use that server.

Other than that, configuration would be done in your mail client - I use
mutt, and mutt's debian package seems to have it pre-configured to fire up gpg
if gnupg is installed. It would probably be a mime types / mailcap
thing, though I'm unsure of that.