Gnome Mime Types

Hi,

I've just installed Woody from scratch, and am finding that changes to the
File Type handlers section of the Gnome Control Center  (e.g. setting up
jpeg files to be opened up in GIMP by default) don't seem to flow through
to the Gnome file manager.  Any clues as to why?

The file manager seems to recognise the files correctly (i.e. as
image/jpeg), but displays the wrong icon (i.e. not the one I setup in the
Gnome Control Center), and when I double click on the icon, it brings up a
dialog asking me what application I wish to open it with (ie. not
automatically in GIMP)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul Phillips
Analyst Programmer, ITAS U/VHF Radios Team, BIS Defence (Adelaide)
CSC
Module 7, Endeavour House, Fourth Ave, Technology Park, Mawson Lakes SA
5095
Ph: +61-8-8343-8834    Fax: +61-8-8349-4537    Email:
paul.phillips@csc.com.au

This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use by the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information and
may also be the subject of legal privilege. Any personal information
contained in this email is not to be used or disclosed for any purpose
other than the purpose for which you have received it. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained
in it. In this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message
permanently from your system and destroy any copies.