Re: html-mode in xemacs

    "Laura" == Laura Conrad <lconrad@laymusic.org> writes:

    Laura> I switched to Debian from Mandrake a couple of weeks ago,
    Laura> and my record is pretty good on making most things I had
    Laura> working on Mandrake work on Debian, but one irritating
    Laura> failure is the html-mode for editing html files.  I don't
    Laura> see anything that would be relevant in any of the local
    Laura> directories on my load path, but when I open an html file,
    Laura> I get:

    Laura> (file-error "Cannot open load file" "psgml-lucid")

Hmmm...I don't have html-helper-mode installed, and everything works
fine. Actually, html-helper-mode should only be used by emacs, not
XEmacs21, so I'm surprised you are seeing it at all.

psgml-lucid is in the psgml package:

$ dpkg -S psgml-lucid
psgml: /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/psgml/psgml-lucid.el

but AFAIK you don't need this to work with XEmacs alone. I'd say
install psgml and remove html-helper-mode. If you get really stuck do
try the debian-emacsen list.

Cheers!
Shyamal