Re: [Semi-OT] IMAP clients for other OS Plus my broken SID Apache

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 11:24:16AM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 11:07:19AM -0600, Gerald Livingston wrote:
>
> > I'd rather not use mutt because family members do send me funky
> > formatted mail sometimes and I also use multiple "From: " addresses,
> > depending on which folder I'm in.
>
> I'm not following why these are reasons not to use Mutt.  Mutt is more
> than capable of handling the situation you describe.  In fact, Mutt is
> probably the most configurable MUA that you'll find (short of possibly
> emacs).

I'd second that.  mutt under cygwin is probably your best bet.  On a
Unix box, you can just add lines like

text/html		;  w3m -T text/html ; copiousoutput

to your ~/.mailcap file.

As for "different From address depending on what folder", folder hooks
are your best bet.  Here's the one I use for this list.

folder-hook debian-user 'my_hdr From: Chris Kenrick
<chriskenrick@yahoo.com.au>'

(above should be all on one line in the file, but wrapped for mail
purposes)

Sorry to sound like a mutt fanboy, but it really is a nice MUA.

- Chris