Re: [Semi-OT] IMAP clients for other OS Plus my broken SID Apache

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 11:07:19AM -0600, Gerald Livingston wrote:

> I have IMAP set up at home -- but when I'm at work I'm currently stuck
> using a win-box due to certain required applications. It's not a real
> healthy winbox as far as RAM and HD space goes or I'd look at setting up
> VMWare to have Debian alongside Win. Even the Win apps run slow on this
> machine.

Have you looked at cygwin?

> I need to know if there are any decent, free, IMAP clients out there for
> Windows.

Sylpheed has a windows port.  Might also look at Mozilla.

> I'd rather not use mutt because family members do send me funky
> formatted mail sometimes and I also use multiple "From: " addresses,
> depending on which folder I'm in.

I'm not following why these are reasons not to use Mutt.  Mutt is more
than capable of handling the situation you describe.  In fact, Mutt is
probably the most configurable MUA that you'll find (short of possibly
emacs).

--
Jamin W. Collins