Re: true type fonts

Rob Weir (rweir@softhome.net) wrote*:
>You don't need xfs (unless you know you need it).  Just add the
>appropriate FontPath lines to /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and restart X.
>You'll need to the mkttfdir or whatever bits, but it should then work
>fine.  You can use 'xlsfonts' to list all available fonts, or you could
>do 'xfontsel' to select particular ones.

And there is also some stuff regarding font "hints" which you should generate for
TTF files, last I checked KDE had an excellent utility for adding fonts which did
this. Even if it does not exactly suit your needs you can imitate what it does
and/or use some of the files it generates to save you some time.

--
That's "angle" as in geometry.