Re: true type fonts

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 03:22:36AM -0500, Michael Waters wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 23:41 -0700, lostbear@softhome.net wrote:
> > I have been trying to setup truetype fonts on my box. I did find good doc
> > when
> > I searched on google and did follow the instructions to the dot. save for
> > the simple fact that /usr/local/share/fonts/truetype is a link to
> > /usr/share/fints/ttfonts
> >
> > I am not sure as to how to verify if all the fonts are working. xset q
> >
> > shows /usr/share/fonts/ttfonts so I guess it there in the path.
> >
> > and /XF86Config-4 does have /usr/share/fonts/ttfonts as the first line in
> > the fontpath
>
> Hi, are you referring to this:
> http://www.paulandlesley.org/linux/xfree4_tt.html ?  There's a lot of
> stuff there about adding your own fonts and stuff but all I did was
> install msttcorefonts and xfs.  Then add a couple lines to
> /etc/X11/fs/config so that the 'catalogue' section looks something like:

You don't need xfs (unless you know you need it).  Just add the
appropriate FontPath lines to /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and restart X.
You'll need to the mkttfdir or whatever bits, but it should then work
fine.  You can use 'xlsfonts' to list all available fonts, or you could
do 'xfontsel' to select particular ones.

-rob