Re: public lending right

Levi Waldron <levi.waldron@utoronto.ca> wrote:

I think a printed and bound copy of the installation manual and things from Newbiedoc, with an insert containing the CDs (as many as possible) would make a wonderful package for libraries to lend out. Simple binding is very cheap at photocopy stores. (around CDN$3 here).

If anyone comes up with a good selection of newbie documentation for this purpose, could you let us know? I think I'd like to make up some of these packages. I bet the total cost of making it would be less than $10(CDN).

Thanks for the encouraging comments Levi.

The initial response of the local (UK) FE college library was very positive. I thought that I might put together a compendium of downloadable free documentation on a Web site. Also some guidance for putting it together, lending strategies etc.

When I get started, I will post the URL here. Meanwhile, suggestions for specific documents would be welcome.

       Chris

--
 ___   Chris Lale   <ctlale@netscape.net>
/   \
| <_/  My PC runs Debian GNU/Linux 3.0.
\      Robust, secure and free operating system + applications.
 \     Available at http://www.debian.org .