Re: public lending right

On November 9, 2002 07:35 am, Chris Lale wrote:

> Thanks for the encouraging comments Levi.

Well, thanks for your efforts!  I'd definitely like to keep up with your
progress and also do some distribution of a GNU/Linux package to local
libraries, friends, etc.  I wonder if anyone has put together a slick Debian
install package with PGI (http://www.progeny.com/products/enablingtech.html)?
Might be good for complete beginners.  I haven't done a fresh install for a
long time so for all I know this might be unnecessary with the latest default
dbootstrap, anyways.

> The initial response of the local (UK) FE college library was very
> positive. I thought that I might put together a compendium of
> downloadable free documentation on a Web site. Also some guidance for
> putting it together, lending strategies etc.
>
> When I get started, I will post the URL here. Meanwhile, suggestions for
> specific documents would be welcome.
>
>         Chris

Osamu has a helpful list of URLs for getting started in Debian:

http://people.debian.org/~osamu/newbie.html

--
-Levi