Re: linux support/services

Andreas <xio@port22.net> wrote:

I've been thinking for a while now about doing something worthwhile with
my spare (IT) time:  Offering free Open Source/Linux support in my city.

I even thought of setting up a website - running the slashdot engine for
instance - where people could post their support requests and volunteers
could pick them up.

Something else that would be Really Useful would be to contribute to the Newbiedoc Project ( http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/ ). You could do this in parallel with your scheme, using your own expertise and solutions to problems that crop up on your Web site to create documents to help non-techie people.

       Chris
--
 ___   Chris Lale   <ctlale@netscape.net>
/   \
| <_/  My PC runs Debian GNU/Linux 3.0.
\      Robust, secure and free operating system + applications.
 \     Available at http://www.debian.org .