Re: Promise RAID install problems

#include <hallo.h>
* Peter Karlsson [Fri, Nov 08 2002, 11:17:45PM]:

> > Not true, there are lots of boards with Highpoint controllers.
>
> I've learned to loathe Highpoint controllers from other machines I've
> been working with, but perhaps support has been improved since (that
> was in 2000).

Huch? hpt370 works almost fine on the machine I am just working on.

> > Thanks for reminding me, I have just updated the Woody Preload Floppy
> > with this driver. Please report success or failure.
>
> Promise RAID driver? Where can I download your updated version, I'd

No, Highpoint. Promise is fscking non-free stuff.

> And if I can get the array up and running using Linux' own drivers
> instead of the ones from Promise, I'd be even happier.

Bother the Promise a*les to open-source the drivers.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
As of next week, passwords will be entered in Morse code.
                          Frank Knappe in debian-user-de