Re: Promise RAID install problems

Eduard Bloch:

> Not true, there are lots of boards with Highpoint controllers.

I've learned to loathe Highpoint controllers from other machines I've
been working with, but perhaps support has been improved since (that
was in 2000).

> Thanks for reminding me, I have just updated the Woody Preload Floppy
> with this driver. Please report success or failure.

Promise RAID driver? Where can I download your updated version, I'd
love to try it. I did get the system installed, but I haven't done any
customizations on it yet, so it doesn't bother me much to wipe
everything. I did burn the 7 cd set to be able to install multiple
times anyway...

And if I can get the array up and running using Linux' own drivers
instead of the ones from Promise, I'd be even happier.

Please Cc me, I do not subscribe to this list due to its volume.
--
\\//
Peter - I do not read or respond to mail with HTML attachments.