printing - simple way out?

hello all!

ever since i shfted to linux from windows, the printer has only been a paper weight on my desk.

i use a fine hp deskjet 710c printer and i could not set it up while installing linux.

i will surely like to install it now and start using it right away. i read through linux printing .o rg and it was beyond my comprehension. is it so complicated, after all, to set-up a printer?

are there any simple utilities that will do the trick? like add printer wizard in windows?

thanx in advance for help

- sandip