get hostname via DHCP (pump)

hello,
i've got a problem with Debian woody. When i boot via dhcp (pump), my
debian client doesn't set the hostname it should get via the "option
host-name" i put on server-side. I can't understand why, it sets up the
right gateway, ip, dnsserver ip but not the hostname. I tried letting
/etc/hostname empty or also removing it. A dinamic DHCP cluster doesn't
make sense with static hostnames. Any idea?

TIA

Please reply me in CC, i'm not subscribed.
--
 Claudio Martella
 Dipartimento Sostegni Informatici

 Politecnico di Milano