Re: lynx, ncurses, gpm

Morten Bo Johansen wrote:
> I think you may need to recompile Lynx against the new
> gpm-enabled version of ncurses as well

I've tried that, still no good.

> and then put this in
> your lynx.cfg: USE_MOUSE:TRUE

And I had that from the start.

> It's been a while since I came upon this issue and I'd like you
> to please report back if it works.

I have found some ways that work, though.  For all the following, I'm using
  my hacked gpm
  ncurses compiled after a ./configure --with-shared --with-gpm --with-develop
  the untouched lynx binary, with LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to find the new libraries

versions that work:
  ncurses-5.2.tar.gz
  ncurses-5.3.tar.gz

These are both from http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/ncurses/
The delay-till-keypress still occurs immediately after an fg, but once a key
has been pressed, subsequent mouse presses are processed immediately.  Also,
with the original gpm, the exit-on-fg bug only happens in when the ^Z is
issued immediately after a previous fg, with no key presses in between.

versions that don't work:
	ncurses-5.2.20020112a-7 (obtained from apt-get source ncurses)
  ncurses-5.2.20020112a (without applying the debian a-7.diff.gz)

These have the delay-till-keypress bug at all times.

So it seems that something broke in the middle of the 5.2- releases, and was
put right again for the 5.3 release.  Is that a correct understanding?

Glyn

--
Here's an idea: next time you're tempted to start another boring fucking
conversation about boring fucking football, why don't you poke one of your eyes