lynx, ncurses, gpm

Has anyone else managed to get ncurses' gpm support to work with lynx?  That
is, proper mouse support for lynx navigation, not just gpm copy-and-paste.
I know that the default libncurses5 package doesn't come with gpm support,
but even after recompiling it --with-gpm, lynx won't behave as I'd expect
(mouse support in an xterm is fine, though).

There are two problems:

1) the handling of SIGTSTP.  This has been explained at
http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month041999/msg00732.html , and causes
lynx to exit after ^Z and fg.  I followed the advice given in that link, and
changed 2 lines in the gpm source to set the SA_RESTART flag in gpm's sig
handler, and this problem goes away.

2) mouse events aren't handled until the next time a key is pressed.  I've
had a look with gdb, and I can't really understand all the function calls
going on, but the problem seems to be within ncurses' handling of wgetch() .

I haven't a clue how to go about fixing the second, so I thought I'd ask
here in case anyone else has encountered, or even fixed, the problem, and
failing that, I'll try upstream.  My system's Woody, so that's

gpm-1.9.6-12
ncurses_5.2.20020112a-7
lynx-ssl_2.8.4.1b-3

Glyn

--
Computers are geek toys.  If you want to play with them, learn the geek rules.