Re: Why debian sucks.

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 11:41:49PM -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Your problem is that, since you have changed your server,  your
> > unsubscribe message is coming from the wrong address.  You will have to
> > be removed manually.
>
> If that is true then you should be able to go to this page and paste
> in your subscription address.  It will send a message to you for
> confirmation of the unsubscribe request.  Confirm it and you should be
> unsubscribed.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work:(
The otherday I tried to unsubscribe from debian-ipv6 to find out that
I subscribed under a different name, so I tried to unsubscribe with
that other name filled in, I got a conformation messages, but simply
replying to it didn't work. I had to temporarely make exim rewrite
my headers to conform to the old address I used when subscribing.

> This will tell you the address that you need to use to unsubscribe.

Yep, though the address is mangled.  So splitoff `bounce-debian-user='
and `@lists.debian.org' and replace the remaining `=' with `@'.

--
groetjes, carel