Re: strange behaviour ripping an audio cd on a dvd drive

* Steve Juranich <sjuranic@ssli-mail.ee.washington.edu> [2002-10-28 17:31]:
> One thing to be aware of is that most new CD's come with extra garbage
> on the disc specifically to confuse programs like grip.

yeah, I know.  Since I have been aware of this problem, I tried
ripping a commercial and a self-burned CD on my laptop and on my new
box.  On my laptop it worked perfectly for both...

> Thankfully, cdparanoia is a much "dumber" program and isn't confused by
> most of the extra garbage on the disk.  Try ripping a disk with
> cdparanoia instead and see if that works.
I'll try it.  Thanks for the hint!

Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf