Re: PHP module for Apache

Chip Rose(ncrose@pinn.net) is reported to have said:

> I'm in the same boat - the default configuration used when installing debs,
> doesn't work.

Strong statement.  You must be new to Debian.  Debs work, some of them
just require a bit of user intelligence.

> I've ensured the LoadModule and other appropriate lines are in
> httpd.conf, and php still isn't working.  I've read all the how-to's, and the
> advice given which makes it look simple, isn't simple.  It just sounds good
> in theory, but doesn't work in reality.  I get the following error:
>
> Fatal error: Failed opening required './libraries/grab_globals.lib.php'
> (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/index.php on line 8

In checking the error msg above I find that grab_globals.lib.php is in
/usr/share/phpmyadmin/libraries/grab_globals.lib.php.  That means, to
me, you are trying to run phpmyadmin, which wasn't obivious in your
comments.  I installed the phmyadmin deb and did not have your
problem.

Well who wrote that index.php file?  Oh, I think I see what you did.
It looks as if you copied /usr/share/phpmyadmin/index.php to /var/www.
If so, thats whats wrong.  see below.

Do you have the line
Include /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf
in your /etc/apache/httpd.conf file?

Check /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf for a line like
Alias /phpmyadmin /usr/share/phpmyadmin

If you have the above then (w3m|links|lynx) http://Your.server.name/phpmyadmin
should load phymyadmin.

> And I can't find any solutions in my search of debian, php, or mysql mailing
> list archives, or anywhere on Google (I've looked at a *LOT*).  The debs just
> don't work.  I'm thinking of installing the unstable versions, in a futile
> try-anything attempt.

I have no idea which .debs you are refering to, that 'just don't
work'.  Maybe if you get a bit more specific, we can help you find
what 'you' have to do to get things running the way you want.

May I suggest that you look to yourself before jumping to the
conclusion that the debs are at fault.  You won't make many friends
here by blaming your problems on someone else.

--
Southern DOS: Y'all reckon? (Yep/Nope)