Re: PHP module for Apache

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 06:34:38AM -0500, Stephan Sauerburger wrote:

> in the body. I put it in /var/www (which DocumentRoot points to in
> httpd.conf), but when I visit http://localhost/hello.php4 in any browser
> I've tried so far (opera, IE, lynx and galeon (mozilla)), it doesn't spew
> out the html code with output from php, but instead offers to download or
> open the file, indicating it doesn't recognize it. Multiple php tutorials

I guess oyu have not set up the handler in /etc/apache/httpd.conf.

Check these lines are present and uncommented:

  LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so

and, probably further down:

  AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php4

You might also want to add index.php to your directoryindex list:

  <IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
  </IfModule>
--