Re: PHP module for Apache

On Sunday 27 October 2002 08:59 am, Vinai Kopp wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 06:34:38AM -0500, Stephan Sauerburger wrote:
> > in the body. I put it in /var/www (which DocumentRoot points to in
> > httpd.conf), but when I visit http://localhost/hello.php4 in any browser
> > I've tried so far (opera, IE, lynx and galeon (mozilla)), it doesn't spew
> > out the html code with output from php, but instead offers to download or
> > open the file, indicating it doesn't recognize it. Multiple php tutorials
>
> I guess oyu have not set up the handler in /etc/apache/httpd.conf.
>
> Check these lines are present and uncommented:
>
>   LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so
>
> and, probably further down:
>
>   AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php4
>   AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>
> You might also want to add index.php to your directoryindex list:
>
>   <IfModule mod_dir.c>
>     DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
>   </IfModule>
=================

I'm in the same boat - the default configuration used when installing debs,
doesn't work.  I've ensured the LoadModule and other appropriate lines are in
httpd.conf, and php still isn't working.  I've read all the how-to's, and the
advice given which makes it look simple, isn't simple.  It just sounds good
in theory, but doesn't work in reality.  I get the following error:

Fatal error: Failed opening required './libraries/grab_globals.lib.php'
(include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/index.php on line 8

And I can't find any solutions in my search of debian, php, or mysql mailing
list archives, or anywhere on Google (I've looked at a *LOT*).  The debs just
don't work.  I'm thinking of installing the unstable versions, in a futile
try-anything attempt.
 - Chip