Re: PHP module for Apache

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 04:01:09PM -0500, Chip Rose wrote:
> I'm in the same boat - the default configuration used when installing debs,
> doesn't work.  I've ensured the LoadModule and other appropriate
> lines are in
> httpd.conf, and php still isn't working.  I've read all the how-to's, and the
> advice given which makes it look simple, isn't simple.  It just sounds good
> in theory, but doesn't work in reality.  I get the following error:
>
> Fatal error: Failed opening required './libraries/grab_globals.lib.php'
> (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/index.php on line 8

Your situation is different. Your php *is* working, the php application
(the one coded in php) is broken. In case of the OP the php setup
itself is not complete.
The error message you quote is mod_php saying it can't find the
indicated file where the program expects it. Installing other versions
of php will not help - the application needs to be fixed.

What is the result of a ls -la in the myadmin/libraries directory?
Also, what is the DocumentRoot in your httpd.conf?

cu
--
Vinai
Registered Linux User #280755, Debian GNU/Linux  http://counter.li.org/