Re: Xine

lameth said:
> Has anyone managed to get Xine 0.9.8 to play dvd's in Woody? I mount the
> cd and start xine, when I click the play button and I get the following
> error;
> There is no available input plugin available to handle 'xine-ui version
> 0.9.8'.
> I've tried using ogle to and neither seems to work.

I would expect debian to not distribute anything that can read an
encrypted DVD due to the major legal issues. I use xine a lot for
VCDs and general MPEG-1 video, I don't have any DVDs nor DVD capable
players/recorders(never will buy one! never!)

VCD is a much more open standard even though its lower quality video.

nate