Re: ftp 500 Illegal PORT command

    "Dennis" == Dennis Krinke <dckrinke@attbi.com> writes:

    Dennis> I used to use ftp upload.attbi.com to update my web page,
    Dennis> and it worked fine.  I can use this method from RedHat7.3
    Dennis> on my desktop but not from debain testing on my laptop.
    Dennis> (They both sit behind the same firewall.)

    Dennis> When I login and type ls or any other command, I get:
    ftp> ls
    Dennis> 500 Illegal PORT command.
    Dennis> ftp: bind: Address already in use

    Dennis> What do I need to change to get ftp working with debian
    Dennis> testing?

>From 'man ftp'

     -p    Use passive mode for data transfers. Allows use of ftp in environ­
           ments where a firewall prevents connections from the outside world
           back to the client machine. Requires that the ftp server support
           the PASV command. This is the default if invoked as pftp.

Try this. I'm guessing here.....

Cheers!
Shyamal