Re: Xine

From: lameth <lameth@comcast.net>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Xine
Date: 25 Oct 2002 20:03:55 -0400

Has anyone managed to get Xine 0.9.8 to play dvd's in Woody? I mount the
cd and start xine, when I click the play button and I get the following
error;
 There is no available input plugin available to handle 'xine-ui version
0.9.8'.
I've tried using ogle to and neither seems to work.

And yes, I do In fact have a DVD-Rom drive and it does work under
windows. Under Windows I use the hardware decoder Cinemaster 3.0. My
video card is a riva tnt2 based card with 32mb or ram.

Any help pointing me the right direction would be appreciated.
you need to run a script to get the decoder for DVDs becasue they are encrypted and debian doesn't package the decoder.  the script is at: /usr/doc/ogle/examples/install-css.sh