A few Newbie Questions

Hi and thanks for any help I receive in response to the following:

1.) How do you uninstall packages, so that you get more "free" space on your
harddrive?
     (exp. I used 'df -h' and seen that I had 200 mb free, I used dpkg to
uninstall some programs, ran df again and still only had 200 mb free.)

2.) How do I modify swap partiton size without having to reinstall
everything all over again?

3.) How do I change the clock time to the correct time?

4.) Is it possible to have the cdrom and floopy drives automatically mount
without recompiling the kernel?

5.) How do I check if my sound card/drivers are working?
     (exp. I have WindowMaker installed and sound events turned on but I get
no sound. I installed XMMS and it plays .cda, so how come no other sounds?)

6.) Where is there a mp3 plugin for XMMS? - do it need one?

7.) Is there a GUI file manager for X, WindowMaker, Debian?

8.) Where should I put tarballs I've downloaded before running "gzip -dc"?
Can I gzip from a cd to my harddrive? If so, how?

9.) How do I switch between color depths on the fly? "Ctl + Alt + +" seems
to only switch resolutions.

10.) Do I need all 7 cd's to upgrade from potato to woody? Or can I just d/l
the first cd?

If someone could tell me of a website that helps people migrate from Windows
to Linux, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks everyone for your help.

mw.