Re: squid and calamaris

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 07:33:38PM +0200, Toens Bueker wrote:
> When I'm not interested in hosts and content I'm just
> looking for the hit-rate in "Incoming TCP-requests by
> status". If the byte hit-ratio is above 20%, I'm happy.

If you install adzap, you'll see that figure go up closer to 50-70%; I
average about 60% usually.  Yes, banner ads really are that big and
cache-unfriendly.

Anybody on a dialup, and anybody wanting to save a bit extra bandwidth
should seriously consider installing squid with adzap.

> As you can basically tune Squid in terms of request
> hit-ratio or byte hit-ratio these are the values you want
> to keep your eyes on.

Which makes the greater difference?

> There is no safe distance.

So *thats* why we're invaded by California regularly...

--
Baloo
Native Oregonian, accept no substitutes