Re: squid and calamaris

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 09:35:32AM -0400, Kevin Coyner wrote:
> I've recently set up squid and calamaris on a small server for a small
> LAN.  So far so good as it all seems to work, and Calamaris is emailing
> to me a daily report.

You might be interested in adzap, as well.
http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/adzap/

I also strongly recommend you check out IRCache, I've found it to be a
great resource for quickly getting to sites that they have cached but
the rest of the world complains is slashdotted...http://www.ircache.net/

> Problem is in trying to understand the Calamaris report and make some
> good use of it in terms of tuning Squid.

This takes practice, I'm still learning, myself.

> I've read the man and done my googling, but have not yet found something
> that kind of gives definitions, etc.  I.e. for Incoming TCP-request by
> host, what does the hit-% column mean?

That's the number of requests that the squid was able to find already
in it's cache and serve on it's own.

> Just looking for a good resource to read and study.

Trial and error works for me.

--
Baloo