Re: squid and calamaris

Kevin Coyner <kevin@rustybear.com> wrote:

> Problem is in trying to understand the Calamaris report and make some
> good use of it in terms of tuning Squid.
>
> I've read the man and done my googling, but have not yet found something
> that kind of gives definitions, etc.  I.e. for Incoming TCP-request by
> host, what does the hit-% column mean?

Hm. It basically says how many requests were hits and how
many bytes were saved.

> Just looking for a good resource to read and study.

When I'm not interested in hosts and content I'm just
looking for the hit-rate in "Incoming TCP-requests by
status". If the byte hit-ratio is above 20%, I'm happy.

As you can basically tune Squid in terms of request
hit-ratio or byte hit-ratio these are the values you want
to keep your eyes on.

by
Töns
--