Re: which anti-spam tool?

hi ya

best way to fight spam..
	- get an MTA that you can control ...
	( get a domain name ... $9.00/yr
	( get a server ( your pc using fetchmail/mutt even ) )

	( using fetchmail is too late to stop spam ..

- you are already confirmed and added to toher spam lists
  if the spam is received by uyour isp or your mta/pop servers

- since you are doing the fetchmail method, you will need filters
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/filters.gwif.html

- stop spam at the router/firewall
	- block by country tld if you dont need those incoming
	mail from *.foo domains

- stop spam at the mta ( sendmail, exim, postfix, etc )
	- i want the spam to bounce back to the spammer and
	clutter their logs w/ bounced messages and their own spam

- stop spam at the pop server
- stop spam at user level
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail
	- stop spam and virii and fun stuff...
	( good time killers - but ya learn a lot  )

more itty-bitty antispam fun
http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/antispam.gwif.html

c ya
alvin