Re: cannot connect to ISP

On Thursday 24 October 2002 04:04 pm, Tom wrote:
> did you upgrade the kernel also from 2.2 to 2.4?
> ive had this problem with a kernel upgrade after i forgot to upgrade ppp
> also
> so you may wanna upgrade ppp to see if that works if you also updated the
> kernel

the loopback message usually means that you're not connecting to anywhere
that can respond. from the log messages you included, i'd say that you're not
getting a ppp connection on the other end. your isp may have different
numbers for different modem speed connections, or you may need to insert a
pause before sending your user/pass in order to get a response prior to
logging on at the other end.

ben