Re: From Modem to DSL or Sask-Tel Enhanced High Speed Internet

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 09:48, Dan.Hunt wrote:
> Hello Debian Users
> I am migrating my Woody firewall machine from dial up modem to static IP
> DSL. In Saskatchewan Canada that's Sask-Tel Enhanced High Speed
> Internet.
>
> I put the second NIC into the last pci slot. It is a DLINK DFE-538TX/R that
> usees the RTL8139 or the 8139too module.

Just to check - are you certain that the 538TX/R uses the RTL8139 or
8139too module? I have to admit that I lose track of the variations in
the DLink 538 cards, but I know that the 538 I have uses the Via-Rhine
module - I just can't recall or find quick documentation whether it is
the TX or TX/R.

> They are both compiled into the Kernel ( 2.14 ? ) as modules.
>
> As this is my second NIC I am struggling to get the card recognized at boot
> up.
>
> I know the card works because I am using it now in M$ to send this plea.
>
> Would someone like to point me to a document?  The Ethernet howto has me
> confused.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org