Re: Still having trouble with ripping/burning CDs

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:39:30 -0700 Steve Juranich
<sjuranic@ssli-mail.ee.washington.edu> wrote:

> One thing that I've been able to put together is that IDE-cdrom support
> has to be disabled for this to work,

Nope, not true.  You just need ide-scsi emulation for most ripping/burning
operations.

> related to older kernels.  Can anybody tell me if this is still the
> case?  Would the fact that my dvd drive, which is on the same bus, is
> able to rip mean that this is not the problem?

Based on your original post, you have ide-scsi working and both drives are
registered with it (as seen by cdrecord).  Have you ever had this drive
working?  Are you able to burn any CDs (regardless of OS) with it?

--
Jamin W. Collins