Re: From Modem to DSL or Sask-Tel Enhanced High Speed Internet

High,

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Dan.Hunt wrote:

> Hello Debian Users
> I am migrating my Woody firewall machine from dial up modem to static IP
> DSL. In Saskatchewan Canada that's Sask-Tel Enhanced High Speed
> Internet.
>
> I put the second NIC into the last pci slot. It is a DLINK DFE-538TX/R that
> usees the RTL8139 or the 8139too module.
>
> They are both compiled into the Kernel ( 2.14 ? ) as modules.

Huh? That is contradicting. Or it is compiled into the kernel OR it is
compiled as a loadable module.

And which kernel? 2.2.14 or 2.4.14?

> As this is my second NIC I am struggling to get the card recognized at boot
> up.

Probably you need to add a line like this to /etc/lilo.conf and run lilo
afterwards:

append="ether=5,0x240,eth0 ether=9,0x260,eth1"

this line tells that there are 2 ethernetcards with their IRQ en IO port.

But perhaps you want to compile the stuff as modules first and then try to
find out the problem by loading them sperately.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan

--
  NT is the OS of the future. The main engine is the 16-bit Subsystem
  (also called MS-DOS Subsystem). Above that, there is the windoze 95/98