Re: Lighter window managers

On 21 Oct 2002 21:44:26 -0400 "Mark L. Kahnt" <kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org>
wrote:

> Galeon requires the bulk of the mozilla packaging: mozilla-browser,
> because the pertinent parts (ie. Gecko) are not packaged separately as
> yet. Galeon is hence anything but minimalist,

True.  However, I challenge you to find a browser that is as (or more)
compliant/supported within the Debian package list that uses less system
resources to run.  I'm not aware of one in the Debian package list.
Galeon does use less resources than Mozilla.  Granted, you take up more
drive space, but if I have to choose between using a smaller portion of
CPU and Memory or more space on my HD, I choose the former.  Personally, I
use Dillo and Phoenix.  While Dillo is nice, fast and small it's still far
behind on support for many items.

> Anyhow, mozilla-browser *is* a Debian package, unless it was just yanked
> from the pools.

Never claimed it wasn't.  If you'll note, I did indicate that the mozilla
package pulled in mozilla-browser and others.

--
Jamin W. Collins