RE: apache query

> On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Randy Orrison wrote:
>> Note that in /etc/apache/httpd.conf just after the /doc/ alias line
>> is:
>> 	<Location /doc>
>> 	  order deny,allow
>> 	  deny from all
>> 	  allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0
>> 	  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
>> 	</Location>
> (snip)
>
> Not in httpd.conf nor in the srm.conf after the alias line, but in my
> access.conf a couple of years ago I did comment out a Directory section
> for /usr/doc that had "order allow,deny" then "allow from all". Maybe
> the problem is that my apache installation is based on an old version of
> the default configuration files that have been not quite upgraded
> properly at some stage by the package upgrade scripts, then? I sure
> didn't have that nice little default Location section that you seem to -
> indeed, both times, I only noticed the doc stuff through seeing the logs
> of search engines indexing it!

Sorry for assuming.  Those lines are there in the fresh install Woody
system at one of my jobs, and my Potato-upgraded-to-Woody systems at home
and at my other job.  It seems odd that whatever upgrade put the Alias
line back into your conf file didn't also put in the Location section.
However it happened, I expect that you could fix the leak by adding the
Location section.

Randy