RE: apache query

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Randy Orrison wrote:
(snip)
> Note that in /etc/apache/httpd.conf just after the /doc/ alias line is:
> 	<Location /doc>
> 	  order deny,allow
> 	  deny from all
> 	  allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0
> 	  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
> 	</Location>
(snip)

Not in httpd.conf nor in the srm.conf after the alias line, but in my
access.conf a couple of years ago I did comment out a Directory section
for /usr/doc that had "order allow,deny" then "allow from all". Maybe the
problem is that my apache installation is based on an old version of the
default configuration files that have been not quite upgraded properly at
some stage by the package upgrade scripts, then? I sure didn't have that
nice little default Location section that you seem to - indeed, both
times, I only noticed the doc stuff through seeing the logs of search
engines indexing it!

-- Mark