Re: Lighter window managers

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 07:45:59AM +0200, Magnus Therning wrote:
> For the true minimalist, try ratpoison... I can't use it, but it is
> about as light weight as you'll get, I think.

Thumbs up for ratpoison.  There's no way to interact with it using your
mouse, so you have no choice but to learn the keyboard commands.  It
doesn't take long to get used to it, and then you navigate as fast as
you can type.  I switched from ion this past week, and don't see myself
ever going back.  Add keylaunch, and you can do everything you do with
any of the other, mouse-friendly wm's, except you do it one keystroke at
a time.

--
  _
 -o)   Lance Simmons