Re: Lighter window managers

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 01:42:29AM -0500, Lance Simmons wrote......

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 07:45:59AM +0200, Magnus Therning wrote:
> > For the true minimalist, try ratpoison... I can't use it, but it is
> > about as light weight as you'll get, I think.
>
> Thumbs up for ratpoison.  There's no way to interact with it using your
> mouse, so you have no choice but to learn the keyboard commands.  It
> doesn't take long to get used to it, and then you navigate as fast as
> you can type.  I switched from ion this past week, and don't see myself
> ever going back.  Add keylaunch, and you can do everything you do with
> any of the other, mouse-friendly wm's, except you do it one keystroke at
> a time.

I gave ratpoision and ion a try last week, and really liked them both,
but found that when running a program like Gimp, that each window that
Gimp brings up for toolbox, etc becomes unnecessarily large (as in full
screen).  Is there anyway to control that?

Kevin

--

Kevin Coyner
mailto: kevin@rustybear.com