Re: Enterprise Kernel

Patrick Cheong Shu Yang said:
> Hi all,

> Thoughts anyone?

my most immediate thought is my belief that anyone who runs such
a server should be running a self compiled kernel anyways. every
system I deploy goes with a very custom kernel with many patches
depending on the kind of hardware and what kind of role it plays
on the network.

The exception of course is my test systems, where I usually don't
care what kernel is running, since they can be wiped out and
reinstalled on a moment's notice.

I've been running the same kernel on my systems for a year and
a half.. so it's not like I do updates on the kernel often.

nate