Re: gnome || kde

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 08:09:57PM -0400, Bruce Park spake thusly:
> Hello debian users,
>
> Can anyone tell me which one of these two desktop is better? I've been
> using gnome eversince I've been using linux and I am told that KDE is a
> better desktop by people yet they can't give me a solid reason as to why it
> is better.

For me, one choice is vastly better than the other: Use Neither!

Both are kinda bloated and cluttered, fill up the screen with useless
things and slow the computer down, and I found I didn't really get much
of anything out of it. I wouldn't bother installing either of them
(except maybe to give it a try...) unless you're sure you want it. For
many people, they're just not worth the hassle.

--
Jon-o Addleman