Re: Debian Gamers/Developers

On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 16:24, Gianfranco Berardi wrote:
> Vinai Kopp wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 10:10:20PM -0500, Gianfranco Berardi wrote:
> >
> >>In the topic called OT: Programming books, it was mentioned that some
> >>people would like to get a group going that would develop games for Debian.
> >>This is just to see how many would be interested. If enough people get
> >>together, perhaps we could even get our own mailing list.
> >

> > I'm just polishing my C/C++ knowledge to start with game programming,
> > so I'm interrested.
> >
> > What kind of game are people here interrested in making?
> > I want to start with a simple arcade style game and advance from
> > there.
> >

> I agree. Debian and Linux in general sorely needs a decent Pacman game B-)
> Just to make sure we're all on the same page, no one should expect to
> make a MMORPG anytime soon!
Hi,

Actually, after getting fed up with not having enough decent games esp
for linux, we started working on a FPS/RPG/Action/Adventure game a
couple of months ago using the Crystal Space engine. You can check the
progress (of which there has been very little since it is still very
new, very very ambitious, and has a very long way to go yet) at
http://www.vitalstate.co.uk

Regards,

Shri
BTW - We are looking for some programmers if anyone is interested.

Shri Shrikumar             		         Vital State
Email: shri@vitalstate.co.uk
Web: http://www.vitalstate.co.uk	         An Open Source FPS