Re: configuring CMI8738 sound card

On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 08:40, Pavel Bradut Boghita wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have been looking for documentation on how to set up the driver module for
> the C-Media CMI8738 sound card I have on one of the machines here. Including
> the module when I've installed Debian Woody, didn't work.
> I wasn't able to find a guide for doing this installation properly on this
> machine, the Cmedia site has guides for almost every other distribution but
> not Debian.
> Could someone please suggest some instructions for properly installing the
> module driver?

I have a C-Media based card.  What I have basically learned is that you
have to compile a custom kernel to get it to work.  I compiled it in and
it works great now, but I could not get it to work under the debian
kernels.  I use make-kpkg to compile kernels under debian and it couldnt
be easier.  apt-get install kernel-package libncurses5-dev and apt-get
build-deps kernel-image  and you should have everything you need.

--Scott