Re: Live CD and Package Licenses

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 10:48:53 -0700 Sean 'Shaleh' Perry
<shalehperry@attbi.com> wrote:

> provided you used only the contents of main the licensing should not be
> an issue.  That is the whole point of main.  The only possible caveat
> would be if the cd contained a package which had something like the old
> apache advertising license.

Looks like everything is from stable/main or testing/main with three
exceptions (see below).

> As for the non-US stuff this may be more complex.

Where could I find out why a given package is in non-US?  Specifically,
I'm interesting in the following packages:

gnomemeeting - stable/non-US/main - GPL
libopenh323-1.7.4 - stable/non-US/main - MPL
libpt-1.2.0 - stable/non-US/main - MPL

I don't see anything about these packages that would require them to be in
non-US, what am I missing?

--
Jamin W. Collins